‘Our City, Our Climate’ Report, October 2018
This ground-breaking report documents the work BRCT and ClimateSafeHouse we went through in engaging the community in climate change adaptation.
Climate Change News
- Eaten Alive~the relentless sea is biting chunks out of a seaside town. Charlie Mitchell and Alden Williams, Stuff
Our City, Our Climate workshop resources
- Judy Lawrence: Presentation Video
- Workshop Presentation Slides
- Pre-workshop questionnaire Updated Issues Maps
- Climate Changes, Impacts and Implications for New Zealand: Exploring Options for New Zealand under Different Global Climates, Bob Frame and Andy Reisinger, Landcare Research Ltd and New Zealand Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Research Centre.
- Climate Changes, Impacts and Implications for New Zealand: Framing Conversations around Risk and Uncertainty Stephen Flood and Judy Lawrence, New Zealand Climate Change Research Institute, Victoria University of Wellington
- Insurance, Housing, and Climate Adaptation: Current knowledge and future research. Motu Note #27 Belinda Storey, et al. Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- New Zealand’s water systems particularly vulnerable to climate change, Deep South Science Challenge, news update.
- Access Radio interview on Climate Change Adaptation with Mayor Dave Cull, Dr Andrew Tait, Chris Cameron, and Scott Willis
Interesting links for further information
- Blueskin Resilient Communities Trust (BRCT)
- Cosy Homes Trust
- Dunedin City Council (DCC)
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA)
- Enphase Ltd.
- Healthy Housing – He Kainga Oranga
- Otago Polytechnic
- Surging Seas