Climate Safe House is a community-lead, multi-decade project that aims to develop housing for areas vulnerable to coastal changes caused by climate change.
2016 – 2020
Over the next three years we aim to:
1. Conduct research into:
- Existing housing stock in flood hazard zones.
- The perception of flood risk by residents in flood hazard zones.
- Plans for a possible future response to flood risk by residents in flood hazard zones.
2. Design and construct a house/houses that is/are:
- Healthy to live in.
- Transportable, so you could move with it if you had to.
- Modular, so it can grow with your family.
- Energy efficient.
- Decision makers.
- Industry including the banking and insurance sector.
4. Provide a blueprint:
- For future house builders
- for other organisations
- for local and national government
2020 – 2030
Develop and implement climate safe housing and community-focused solutions.
2030 – 2040
Facilitate development of sustainable, climate safe settlements.