A multi-decade project addressing housing and vulnerable populations as coast lines change as a result of climate change.
2016 – 2020
Over the next 3 years we aim to:
A). Conduct research into:
- existing housing stock in flood hazard zones.
- the perception of flood risk by residents in flood hazard zones.
- plans for a possible future response to flood risk by residents in flood hazard zones.
B). Design and construct a house/houses that is/are:
- healthy to live in.
- transportable, so you could move with it if you had to.
- modular, so it can grow with your family.
- energy efficient.
- decision makers
- industry including the banking and insurance sector
D). Provide a blueprint:
- for future house builders
- for other organisations
- for local and national government
This is a multi-decade community-led project addressing housing and vulnerable populations as coast lines change as a result of climate change.
2020 – 2030
Development and implementation of climate safe housing and community focused solutions.
2030 – 2040
Integrated sustainable settlement facilitation.