We don’t just need to adapt our housing to meet the challenge of climate change. In the coming decades, critical infrastructure that provides key services will be increasingly under strain. Our homes and key infrastructure are mainly on the coast and vulnerable to extreme weather, sea level rise and shifts in climatic conditions. What can you do now?
- Become informed about what is happening on and around the coast and what is predicted to happen in coming years.
- Take advantage of opportunities such as free Home Performance Assessments where they’re available (ask us) to learn about what you can do to make appropriate improvements at home.
- Learn about flood risks before buying or developing property.
- Prepare an emergency kit and participate in Grass-Roots Emergency Planning.
- Get those creative juices flowing!